Menlo Park, California, US
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
WhatsApp is seeking an exceptional individual to serve as Product Marketing Manager Intern for our business and monetization products. If you are someone who has demonstrated experience in business and product strategy and commercialization, has an empathy for both consumers and businesses, has a strong bias for action and rolling up your sleeves to get things done, and wants to unlock the potential of WhatsApp to serve millions of businesses, we would be excited to hear from you. In this role, you will be expected to identify key market requirements/opportunities, manage our go-to-market plans and coordinate cross-functional teams to bring great solutions to businesses and the community. You will do this in close partnership with several other functions, including Product Management, Engineering, PR, Legal, Partnerships, etc. This is a 12 week summer intern position.
- Drive inbound product marketing: Be the voice of the market through industry research, competitive analysis, quantitative analysis, and structured qualitative feedback from businesses through direct engagement
- Drive go-to-market strategy and execution: Test and launch new products in market through alphas/betas, product positioning and messaging, launch strategy, and scaled adoption
- Lead a global cross-functional team to launch products in the market and drive product adoption
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate large-scale concepts
- 1 or more years of experience with project management or project development
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, an MBA degree
- 3+ years work experience in technology or internet technology, digital marketing, product development, and/or strategy consulting
- Leadership experience working in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated experience partnering with Product Management and Engineering teams
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Experience working with businesses in emerging markets
WhatsApp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
WhatsApp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]